Thursday, April 28, 2011

Baseball’s Fashion Police


So I’m not one to really talk much about fashion, especially when it comes to going to a ballgame.  Jeans and a tee shirt are my usual attire, sometimes shorts, or if it is directly after work, I am wearing a shirt and tie.  I really don’t pay much attention to what other people wear – I’m there for the game – at least most of the time.

However, sometimes a person’s outfit just stands out making me wonder if they own a mirror or have any self respect.  Here are my favorites so far this year:

The Ugly Christmas Sweater Guy – Citifield, April 20, 2011


Who knew the Mets had an Ugly Christmas Sweater Day in April?  Too bad this is the only guy that got the memo.  We spotted this outfit in the will-call ticket office at Citifield.  My wife requested his photo and he happily obliged.  Here is my salute to you Ugly Sweater Guy at a Baseball Game in April!

The Yankee Amazon Camden Yards, April 23, 2011



In my quest to find an interestingly dressed fan on a visit to Camden Yards, my friend Kathryn happened to come across this female Yankee fan at the Oriole game.  Since I am not an expert at women’s fashion, I will quote Kathryn on this photo.  “This girl has paired the cutoff jean skirt, silver glitter tights and jersey look with a matching silver belt AND gladiator sandals...I need the number to her stylist...ASAP please...”  I also would like to add that she tucked the Yankee jersey into her skirt.  That’s hot.


Pants on the Ground Yankee Stadium, April 15, 2011



It was a nasty, wet 40 degree evening, and my wife and I were walking from the train station to the Yankee game when we came across this guy.  “Pants on the Ground,” who obviously doesn’t own a belt, was changing his shirt as he walked to the game.  As we walked behind him, we sang the “Pants on the Ground” song, but he was too cool to pull them up.  So here he is in all his glory: grey underwear with his entire right cheek exposed.


So folks, when you go to a ballgame, wear a belt, check yourself in the mirror and leave your ugly Christmas sweater at home.  Unless, of course, you too wish to be featured in a future blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment